Welcome to Manzer Basketball Academy
Manzer Basketball is dedicated to the development and improvement of players through Skills Training, Fitness Training and Mindset Development. Our goal is to equip players with the knowledge, skills and toughness to succeed on the court along with the accountability, work ethic and expectations to help them thrive in life.
NBA Great Chris Mullin said that players with good form need to shoot 500 shots per day to be great shooters. If players have poor form as they get older, their form should not be changed, they just need to shoot 2,000 per day to be great shooters. If you develop poor form, you’ll have to do 4x the amount of work of a shooter with good form. Develop good habits early.
- SuccessPastor Pat Willson says “True success will be measured by who you are and what you do”.
Keys to success are:
1) Preparation – Be ready for your opportunity, Daily consistent work
2) Discipline – Self-control, Paying attention to details, Set boundaries for yourself
3) Focus – Don’t become distracted by: People, Places or Pressures
4) Perserverance – Don’t allow yourself to be taken down. Stand in the face of adversity
- CompetitionNBA Skills Trainer Aubrey McCreary says, “You must be ready to compete and you must continue to improve, because there is ALWAYS someone trying to take your spot”. If you want something, you’ll have to outwork all of the others that want it as well.
- Play LowThe lower you get, the stronger you are, the faster you are, the quicker you are. You even have better balance.
- On the Ball DefenseFocus on the midsection of the player. Step quickly with your weight on the front of your feet, and don’t hop to cover ground. Stay low and balanced to stay in front of your man.
- FitnessThe better condition that you are in, the better you will perform. “Fatigue makes cowards of us all.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- HandleWhen practicing your dribble, control the ball with your fingertips, while pounding the ball on the floor. Be STRONG with your dribble.
- EffortPractice with a high motor. Then you won’t have to think about working hard during the game, it will be second nature for you.